Blue Sun, Yellow Sky (Feature: Drama / Romance / Based on a true story) · Logline:A sixteen-year-old violinist and twenty-seven-year-old guitarist fall in love. Consequences unfold when he is falsely accused of rape and the merciless Texas Law attempts to keep these two lovers apart. Almost Famous meets Lolita · Synopsis: Raised by an alcoholic father who is also her bandmate, Jade struggles with more than just your average sixteen-year-old girl. While Jade excels as a violinist, she fails in her academics as a student. Nearly broke and fed up with her father’s addiction, Jade's music teacher encourages her to audition for his brother’s up-and-coming rock band. Caleb Lawson, twenty-seven, is the lead singer and guitarist of the band. From broke in spirit, to rich in fame and love, Jade lets go and finally steps into the spotlight. While on the road, Caleb and Jade strike up a lighthearted friendship that develops into a romantic relationship. When they enter into her father’s recording studio, Jade seizes her opportunity and Caleb gives into her sexual advances. When her father comes home to find the two of them having sex, he mistakenly reports that his daughter has been raped. They fight for the freedom to be together but their love cannot win this battle. Caleb is labeled as a sex offender for life, sentenced to two years in jail, 20 years probation, and psychiatric treatment. Guilty as charged for the crime of love... until years later, they reunite.
· Accolades: Quaterfinalist (Drama) at the 2017 Script Pipeline screenwriting competition · Accolades: Semi-Finalist (Drama) at the 2016 Austin Film Festival
· Accolades: Awarded into the 2015 ISA Development Program
· Logline: After their sister falls during a performance, the team’s only hope is to recruit a former acrobat to quickly re-awaken the forgotten gymnast she once was and compete in the most challenging world-class acrobat competition.
· Synopsis: After years of wowing the world with their trapeze act, The Soaring Sanetskis have decided to disband. On their last performance, the unspeakable happens: Sister Nikki falls. Doctors proclaim she will be paralyzed for life…unless the troupe can raise $300,000 for an experimental treatment. Their only hope is to enter The International Cirque Amour Competition, but this will be near-impossible with their star acrobat recovering in the hospital. The remaining Sanetskis are forced to recruit their estranged sister, Renee, who has long since turned her back on the circus life. She and sister Jade clash over emotional wounds both old and new, pushing each other to the edge during a grueling two-week training session in the Desert Canyon. As the deadline approaches, Renee re-discovers her passion for performing, but her tumultuous relationship with Jade may derail all progress. This is more than a team; it’s a family committed to accomplishing the impossible dream, one quad somersault at a time. This time, they aren’t just performing to amaze a crowd, they’re performing to save one of their own.
· Accolades: Second Rounder (Drama) at the 2013 Austin Film Festival
Belle of the Balls (An original half-hour dramedy pilot)
· Logline: A Christian Southern Belle faces her worst-case scenario: as a fashion graduate she will earn a living as a costumer in the porn industry.
The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt working in porn!
· Synopsis: Can a Bible-quoting Southern belle keep her wits, her morals, and her virginity when she finds herself working in the pornography industry? Welcome to “Belle of the Balls” where naughty meets nice in a hilarious way! These are the quandaries that Belle Beauregard must face in this 30-minute dramedy. She’s the ultimate lamb venturing into the lion’s den, but she will have more teeth than even she knew she had. Belle came to New York to become a fashion designer but a series of misfortunes shut that dream down as fast as well, a New York minute. Penniless, jobless, and homeless, with nowhere else to turn, Belle ends up taking an available job as a costumer for a porn film company. Even though she has little in common with those cranking out XXX films, Belle will work to bring her goodness to a world that sorely needs it. And she in turn will toughen up and mature into a stronger and more open-minded adult. Never have sex and scripture been on the same playing field and been so funny. Not only does she end up toiling in the tawdry, but she moves into a high-rise, three-bedroom apartment with her co-workers. They are hardly her cup of tea, but Belle will learn to see them as more than just porn actors. This show will be uproarious, but also a thought-provoking examination of what it costs to make dreams come true. Here, the saint and the sinner will offer a gift to one another, showing that there is room for everyone to grow, get along better, and have fun in doing so.
Naked (A 2016 memoir by American author Farahday Morgan)
· Logline: A young woman embarks on yearlong celibate journey to heal past sexual abuse and learn what self-protection really means.
· Accolades: Finalist (Novel) at the 2016 Writers Retreat in Spain
River Road (Short: Drama / Based on a true story)
· Logline: A coccaine-inflicted, destructive relationship goes South when Sam's boyfriend convinces her to go for a night swim and instead she ends up saving his life.
Hardly Famous (Short Film: Comedy -- written, directed, and performed by Farahday Morgan and Mike Morgan)
· Logline: A father believes his thirty-year-old daughter will become famous by a song she writes. It's the golden key to the rockstar lifestyle. They travel the roads far and wide to make their song a big hit but truth be told they are hardly famous....